Gpupdate not updating policy
I am on an XP machine, fully patched, and see these keys.
Also technet explains the keys if you google search the following (the key you want to check on): example: Googlesearch "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEMameters maximumpasswordage" and you get: you mean - 'Flexible Single Master Operations' - FSMO I believe my AD settings are ok, clients get their profiles, shares, printers, etc. I tried out this command: -------------------------------- gaia Binding to gaia ...
I found the following article which laid out the process in wonderful detail (I highly recommend the read): https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2011/03/11/getting-the-effective-audit-policy-in-windows-7-and-2008-r2/ In review, I found that the to Enabled.
I checked the Event Viewer and it showed an error, Event ID 1006, Error Code 49, Error Description: Invalid Credentials. If you launch Windows registry with SYSTEM level privilege and browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\CACHE", you will find a total of 10 entries starting from NL1 to NL10.
This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following.
Additional Symptom: – Attempting to connect to network shares may yield the error: Causes: – The “TCP/IP Netbios Helper” service is stopped – DNS Issues Solution: – Start the “TCP/IP Netbios Helper service” and verify the startup type is set to automatic.
Solution: Go back to the advanced settings, disable one setting and click OK, then go back and re-enable it.
The entirety of the logging settings will then appear. The GPO will go to affected systems on the next refresh, and will take effect the next reboot.
Windows attempted to read the file \\DC1hattansystems.com\sysvol\DC1hattansystems.com\Policies\\from a domain controller and was not successful.